Alternative NameCountess of BelmoreAdditional InformationThe paddle steamer Adonis was built in 1883 in Melbourne and owned by Dath Henderson, Brisbane, who also owned a sawmill on the Noosa River at Tewantin. Timber was loaded onto the paddle steamers at the Tewantin wharf for transport to Brisbane.
The Adonis was chartered in 1915 by John Burke in Brisbane, Queensland. She was lost on 30 March 1927 when she ran aground and burnt on Hercules Bank (now Bishop Island) at the mouth of the Brisbane River.
The Adonis was formerly known as Countess of Belmore.