Alternative NameKin Kin DepotDescription
As Kin Kin began to develop as a township from around 1910, banking services were first provided by the Commercial Bank of Australasia and the English, Scottish and Australian (ES&A) Bank, whose staff visited weekly to service the local community. By 1916, the ES&A Bank had established a branch in Kin Kin with Mr. E.J. Maplestone as Manager.
The small group of buildings at the junction of Wahpunga and Kin Kin Roads included the agency offices of the two banks, Mr. Rohen’s store, the framework for the School of Arts, and a butcher’s shop. In 1916 the ES&A Bank constructed a purpose-built bank with an attached manager’s residence. The building and house remain in use today as a shop and residence.Address63 , Main Street, Kin Kin